New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo DS)
- Jump, bounce and power-up through visually stunning side-scrolling worlds filled with Mushroom Kingdom madness
- The worlds are swarming with classic enemies like Goombas and Koopas, but watch out for new foes, big bosses and unbelievable challenges
- As Mario and Luigi, two players can battle for stars on specially designed levels over local wireless. The game won't end until one bro. reigns supreme.
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
- ASIN: B000ERVMI8
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 12.7 x 1.9 cm
- Release Date: 30 Jun. 2006
In a nutshell:
It?s been over fifteen years since the last Super Mario Bros. but finally Mario is back in a proper 2D platforming adventure. Just because it?s old school though doesn?t mean it?s old hat...
Considering the last Super Mario Bros. game is still the best selling video game of all time (17.28 million copies and counting) this has a lot to live up to, but it almost effortlessly captures the action and charm of the old games. The basics of the game are the same as always as you run and jump through mostly horizontally scrolling levels. New to the game are power-ups that turn Mario into a giant or make him really tiny, as well as one that gives him a Koopa shell on his back to attack enemies with. Although the gameplay is all in two dimensions the graphics are 3D, with all new moves such as the triple jump and wall jump added in as well.
Most exciting moment:
As well as the single player mode there?s also a wireless multiplayer mode where you get to battle a friend (as Luigi) across a whole bunch of specially designed levels.
Since you ask:
As Super Mario World on the SNES (since re-released as Super Mario Advance 2 on the GBA) was subtitled Super Mario Bros. 4 in Japan that name couldn?t be used for this new game, although that?s secretly whatever everyone?s calling it ? behind Nintendo?s back.
The bottom line:
The impossible has happened: Nintendo have created a worthy follow-up to Super Mario Bros. 3!