Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS)
- New courses take players on wild rides over a mountain road, on city streets and through a dusty desert
- Players can show their own style by customizing their vehicles with accessories
- People can choose to race as one of their favourite Mushroom Kingdom characters or even as their Mi character
- The game supports both SpotPas and StreetPas features.
- Players can compete in local wireless matches or online over a broadband Internet connection
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
- ASIN: B004JHY3ZI
- Release Date: 2 Dec. 2011
Play Mario Kart 7 and take the racing experience to new heights as you soar through the sky, dive underwater on the Nintendo 2DS, and also enjoy Mario Kart in 3D on the Nintendo 3DS and 3DS XL.
There are a range of game modes to try in solo mode, like Grand Prix and Battle Mode, but you can also play with friends or connect to the web to race up to eight people anywhere in the world. With eight cups in which to compete and 32 courses in total (including 16 you'll see for the first time in Mario Kart 7), there is lots to enjoy. There are even time trials to help you hone your skills – just pick a course, set the best time you can, and race against 'ghost karts' saved from previous record laps.
When it comes to choosing characters to represent you on the road, you'll find all your favourite classic drivers to pick from, and you can also let your very own Mii get behind the wheel! There are new characters to enjoy in Mario Kart 7 too, including Lakitu (the lightweight Koopa who usually counts down the start of the race) and Metal Mario, who is just as heavy as his appearance suggests, though his top speed is still incredibly impressive. Elsewhere, don't be fooled by the elegant Honey Queen, as she can hold her own on the track and won't be nudged off the track so easily!
For those looking to battle others, Balloon Battle is a great way to play. Take on other characters and aim to burst all their balloons using items – the one who breaks the most within the time limit will take the top spot. In Coin Battle, the focus is much more on what you can collect – just choose a stage and grab as many coins as possible to emerge victorious. For multiplayer modes, you'll need to buy or download Mario Kart 7, but only one game card will be required for up to eight Nintendo 3DS users to join in the fun. However, players without a game card will automatically have Shy Guy as their selected character.
Not only can you race registered friends, but you can also take on previous opponents and others you have met through StreetPass. You can set the rules of play and exchange data with other StreetPass and SpotPass opponents, exchange Mii characters automatically, and save things like player names, ghost data, and other community information.
Key features of the game:
- New kart abilities add to the wild fun for which the games are known. On big jumps, a kart deploys a wing to let it glide over a track shortcut. When underwater, a propeller pops out to help the kart cruise across the sea floor.
- Players can show their own style by customising their vehicles with accessories that give them a competitive advantage. For instance, giant tyres help a kart drive off-road, while smaller tires work best on city courses.
- Choose to race as your favourite Mushroom Kingdom characters, or even as your Mii character.
- New courses take players on wild rides over a mountain road, on city streets, and through a dusty desert. Nintendo fans will recognise new courses on Wuhu Island and in the jungles from Donkey Kong Country Returns.
- The game supports both SpotPass and StreetPass features.
- Players can compete in local wireless matches or online over a broadband internet connection.
1 x Cartridge